These turmeric scrambled eggs with spinach are simple, healthy and will make a yummy addition to your breakfast bowl or are great on their own.
If you have tried my super easy spinach scrambled eggs then you will love this variation with turmeric.
Eggs feature very regularly on my breakfast menu, especially when I am following a low carb or keto plan as they are perfect for my macro requirements.
They are easy to make and I usually include them when I make breakfast bowls along with avocado, sweet potato, bacon (or salmon) and tomatoes.
I have been adding turmeric powder to my scrambled eggs for some time now to get some extra health benefits.
Turmeric is a spice which is typically grown in Asia and Central America and it has so many health benefits.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, promotes healthy digestion and it is an anti-oxidant.
You can use it flavour soups (like my red lentil and quinoa soup) and to flavour warm drinks, like my turmeric hot chocolate and turmeric latte.Print
Turmeric Scrambled Eggs
- Author: Vanessa Vickery
- Yield: 1 to 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 cups raw baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk together the eggs and turmeric in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium sized non-stick frypan over moderate heat.
- Add the spinach and mix through the butter until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the turmeric eggs mixture. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, move the eggs to the center of the pan. Keep doing that every 30 seconds or so until the eggs are cooked. It should only take 2-3 minutes for them to cook to a beautiful soft consistency.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve either on it’s own or make up a breakfast bowl using other elements like avocado, baby tomato, sweet potato, mushrooms, bacon or salmon.
You can also use 1 tablespoon of coconut oil instead of the butter to make it dairy free
Ness is a qualified nutritionist, a life & wellness coach in-training, and a mother of two extremely energetic toddlers. She has created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible and attractive products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness.
Beautiful simple delicious breakfast!
Thank you Vanessa. Wish you had an Instagram page as well..
Looking forward to more of your recipes