Enjoy this thai red curry recipe from Priya Mahadevan. An awesome and simple dish for a slow weekday night.
By Priya Mahadevan
I have made the Thai Green curry on man occasion and I’ve made the Thai Red Curry too, but just never got around to blogging it. So, here it is… enjoy!
- All veggies of choice (I used carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, Eggplant, mushrooms, onions, green bell pepper)
- 3 green chilies
- Tofu – i pack extra firm cubed
- Asian Spice Mix
- Peanut sauce
- Spicy Szechwan Stir Fry sauce
- ½ tsp of Tamarind pulp (Lakshmi Brand)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (white)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Cook some egg noodles, drain and keep
- In a wok, on high heat, heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Splutter the sesame and add the veggies and cook for a few minutes
- Mix all the spices and sauces
- In a cup of warm water mix the tamarind pulp and add to the veggies.
- Add all of it the veggies. Add the salt and let it simmer.
- Remove from flame.
- Add to noodles and enjoy a wonderfully healthy meal which also tastes fantastic.
Priya Mahadevan is a writer and food blogger with a background in journalism & communication. Priya's mission with her food blog is to blow the myth that healthy cannot be tasty. She was a political and feature correspondent for a prominent Indian newspaper in the 90s before moving to the US. She lives in Virginia with her husband and 3 beautiful children. You can find her world of vegetarian recipes at http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com.