This fresh Tart Cherry can be served with chips, over cream cheese or as a side dish.
By Kurt Winner
Tart Chukar Cherry Salsa - Perfect Holiday Treat From The Pacific Northwest
This fresh Tart Chukar Cherry can be served with chips, over cream cheese or as a side dish.
Author: Kurt Winner
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 1 29.5 Ounce jar of locally grown Chukar Cherries brand sour cherry pie/cobbler filling
- ½-3/4 Jalapeno pepper seeds and ribs removed and diced. Set the seeds and ribs aside and add if you want more heat
- ½ Red onion cut into eights
- 4 Cloves of garlic roughly sliced
- 4 Tbs cider vinegar
- Juice of ½ lime
- ¼-½ Cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pour entire contents of the cobbler filling into a large enough bowl, set aside.
- Place the garlic, lime juice, jalapeno salt and vinegar in a food processor and run it until the garlic is fully incorporated. If you like your cilantro very fine you can add it here and grind more.
- Next add the onion, pulse the mixture until you reach the desired consistency.
- Pour the entire contents into the cobbler filling and gently stir.
- Adjust the seasoning levels here to your liking. I would suggest ordering a lot of the filling, because if you have salsa lovers, one jar will just not be enough. This would also make perfect as a holiday or hostess gift. Chukar Cherries offers flat rate shipping for $8.95. So it's worth your while, and much more economical to purchase multiple items. They also carry jellies, candies, cakes, nuts and of course all things cherry. This salsa would also make a delicious side dish for a holiday ham. For up to date information on specials, wedding favors, corporate gifts, recipes and the Chukar story visit http://www.chukar.com/.