Try this nutritious reboot of a classic French dessert next time you’re craving something a little fancy.
By Kelly Morisson
Healthy Strawberry Clafoutis
Try this nutritious reboot of a classic French dessert next time you're craving something a little fancy.
Author: Kelly Morisson
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1-1/2 cups hulled and sliced strawberries
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Ener-g egg replacer plus 6 tablespoons water OR 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup erythritol or cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour OR ⅓ cup almond flour plus ¼ cup coconut flour
- powdered erythritol or sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange the hulled and sliced strawberries in the bottom of a greased 8-inch pie plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg replacer or eggs, almond milk, erythritol or cane sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, salt, and flour. You want the mixture to be fully combined, but don't freak out if there are clumps remaining. It's all good! It won't make much a diference in the final product.
- Pour the batter over the strawberries in the pie plate. Bake in the oven at 350°F for 45-60 minutes, or until firm and golden around the edges. Let cool. Cut into slices and dust with powdered sugar or erythritol. Devour.