Play with your food! Make a fun milkshake with crunchy popcorn that will give you the best of both worlds. Add some bourbon for the adults in the house.
Desserts don’t really get a lot of play time on my menu, so I thought I’d switch it up and make this boozy milkshake. For this dessert, I’m actually going to use caramel corn. Put a big handful of popcorn into your blender.
Scoop in your favorite vanilla ice cream or custard. Add a few swirls of caramel sauce, pour in the bourbon, and dig in!
Sweet n' Salty Caramel Popcorn MilkshakeDan George
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or custard
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup caramel corn plus additional for garnish
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 tbsp caramel sauce plus additional for garnish
- Add ice cream, milk, caramel corn, bourbon, and caramel sauce to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses, top with additional caramel corn, and a few swirls of caramel sauce.
Born and raised in New Jersey, Dan started the web site Mantitlement as a way to learn how to cook for the first time from his wife, Christie. Christie has always been the primary cook in the household and Dan got used to having her three-course, restaurant quality meals for dinner every night. Well, it was time he learned how to do some cooking on his own, and that's how Mantitlement got started. Dan believes that everyone is entitled to having great food and drinks at home...and he can show you how to make them with his collection of recipes!