What is better than a grilled cheese? A double grilled cheese paired with a perfect glass of wine.
On a cozy night in there is nothing better than making a great grilled cheese sandwich. SIMI Winery’s Executive Chef Kolin Vazzoler’s, set out to find the perfect wine and grilled cheese pairing.
His sandwich warms you with its extra-cheese loaded formula and then SIMI’s Sauvignon Blanc cuts through the fat and cools things off while refreshing the palate. Go back and forth, a bite, then a sip and you’re sure to be in comfort food heaven. It’s as simple as that!
Allow the crispness of the wine to liven up a gooey grilled cheese like you’ve never experienced before. Plus, SIMI’s wine is so affordable, grilled cheese and wine just became our go-to happy meal!
SIMI Grilled Double Cheese RecipeChef Kolin Vazzoler
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese extra sharp
- 4 slices of fontina cheese
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat broiler in oven.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat and then add slices of bread. Toast for about 1 minute then top with 1 slice of cheddar to each slice of bread.
- Continue to toast till the cheese is slightly melted. Adjust heat as needed to prevent burning the bread while cheese is melting.
- Sandwich each pair of bread slices with the cheese in the middle and then top with 1 slice of fontina cheese to each sandwich.
- Place under the broiler to melt the fontina till bubbly and slightly golden brown. Let rest for 30 seconds before eating!
- Enjoy with a glass of SIMI Sauvignon Blanc to round out your palate
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.