This amazing brunch or breakfast recipe, has a Mexican flare to it with salsa stuffed grilled avocados with a crispy breadcrumbed coating.
By Selina Periampillai
Adding that oozing, runny poached egg on top of the stuffed avocado, makes it more of an indulgent meal. It’s not that difficult to make, when looking for inspiration for those morning energy booster foods this comes out on top.
- 2 Avocados, ripe, cut in half and de-stoned
- 2 tomatoes, chopped small,
- Squeeze of Lime Juice
- Fresh Coriander, a small handful, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- A handful of breadcrumbs, (used panko)
- 4 Fresh Eggs, poached in boiling water, drained, set aside (do this last)
- Salt and pepper
- chilli flakes, optional
- Tortillas, optional
- Olive oil
- Firstly preheat oven to Gas Mark 6.
- In a bowl mix the tomatoes, lime, salt, pepper, red onion, chilli flakes, coriander together with a drizzle of olive oil
- Stuff the inside of each avocado with the filling, scatter over breadcrumbs, then place in a baking tray in the oven for 6-7 minutes or until the breadcrubs brown on top
- Meanwhile make your poached egg, drain and then place over each of your avocados (each half), warm up some tortillas if you want and use them to dip into the runny yolks.
Selina runs a Mauritian Supper Club, in South London where she cooks for diners wanting to experience homemade mauritian cuisine, learnt from family generations of recipes. Her food is comfort food, nothing fancy or fine dining just down to earth delicious home cooking. She is a self taught wedding cake maker and cook, she recipe writes for websites, is a regular contributor to online food magazines, loves to travel especially to experience different food cultures and is a keen charity walker. You can see her culinary creations and adventures on her food blog Yummy Choo Eats.