Maple pecan cookies are a perfect autumn treat, naturally paleo, and packed with extra protein so their deliciousness will fuel you, too.
By Chantelle Zakariasen
These Maple Pecan Cookies are decadent,chewy, paleo and loaded with protein. I love the maple pecan flavor combo, but I had to give them a little extra sustenance. Things like cookies though, lord help me to eat just one nowadays, if these didn’t have the extra protein I could easily eat 6 in a sitting. With some almond milk…mmmmm….
- 1 C almond butter
- ½ C coconut oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 38g scoop high quality grass fed whey protein powder
- ¾ C chopped pecans + extra for topping
- ½ C maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer until smooth. Chill for 30 minutes and preheat oven to 375F
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment and drop 1 Tbs of dough at a time spaced an inch apart, press a pecan into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden and allow to cool before transferring to a plate.
Chantelle strives to provide the tools for a lifestyle that's closer to how our ancient ancestors lived, she hopes to find balance between modern comforts and natures design. A student of herbalism and wildcrafting, she is happy to share recipes, articles and other interesting bits and bobs with her awesome readers.