Grab your slow cooker and get ready to make one of the easiest apple crisps of your life complete with a touch of peanut butter.
This easy slow cooker apple peanut butter crisp for all of my peanut butter lovers out there! The apple filling is coated with peanut butter and topped with a peanut butter crumble. Serve this up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect fall dessert.
I love just cutting apples into slices and scooping up the peanut butter up. It was a childhood favorite that I was able to pass it down to my 6-year-old son. I think he prefers Reese’s chocolate peanut butter spread, but peanut butter will do in a pinch.
I know I shared a pretty amazing apple peanut butter crumble a few years ago. I can’t believe it’s been that long. Time sure does fly. This is kind of a spin off from that recipe but it’s made for the slow cooker. I’ve been saying that I want to create more slow cooker recipes and I’m sticking to it. You can expect to see a few more from me in the next few months.
Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Apple CrispMiranda Couse
- 7 cups granny smith apples about 8 small apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 T. all-purpose flour
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add in the apples, brown sugar, peanut butter, and flour. Stir until the apples are coated and everything is incorporated
- In a large bowl, add in the butter and peanut butter. Mix on medium until combined.
- Add in the brown sugar, flour, and oats and mix on medium until a crumbly mixture forms. Sprinkle the topping on the apples. It's a thick topping, so set aside some if it's too much for your liking.
- Cover slow cooker with a paper towel and set to low. Let cook for 2 hours 45 minutes to 3 hours 15 minutes. It depends on how you want your apples done. Mine were slightly firm, but not crunchy and I turned the heat off at 2 hours 45 minutes.
- Scoop and serve. Add a scoop of ice cream too!
I'm Miranda. I'm a self-taught baker, recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the blog http://cookiedoughandovenmitt.com. When I'm not satisfying sweet teeth, I can be found spending time with my family, reading cookbooks, attempting crafts and crocheting.