What happens when a professional ballerina decides to take control of her nutrition? Delicious, elegant recipes are created. Check out this sesame tofu and carrot noodles recipe from Sassy of Naturally Sassy.
Images courtesy of Naturally Sassy
Growing up as a professional ballerina, Sassy was constantly under-eating and never quite felt energized enough to do her work. An injury caused her to change her mindset on food to use it as FUEL, and she fell in love with creating healthier recipes that gave her sustained energy, strength and they were flavorful, too. At just 16 years old, Sassy launched her first cookbook, a line of limited edition energy bars, and launched Naturally Sassy. Her goal of inspiring and fueling others with delicious recipe ideas has been achieved.
She now has her own online studio and app (Be sure to check it out!) which combines Sassy’s delicious plant-based recipes with ballet-based workouts for well-rounded results. The recipe on the app that is a part of the sculpt plan that instantly caught our eye? The sesame tofu and carrot noodles.
Sesame Tofu and Carrot NoodlesSassy of Naturally Sassy
- 8 LARGE CARROTS
- 400 G / 12 OZ EXTRA-FIRM TOFU DRAINED AND PATTED DRY
- 2 TABLESPOONS TAMARI 2 CLOVES GARLIC MINCED
- 1 TABLESPOON HONEY
- 1 TABLESPOON GRATED PEELED FRESH GINGER
- 1 TEASPOON TOASTED SESAME OIL
- SALT and BLACK PEPPER TO TASTE
- TEASPOON SESAME SEEDS
- OLIVE OIL
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/350°F.
- Line a plate with paper towels, and place the tofu on top. Cover with more paper towels and press until dry. You may like to let it rest covered for a few minutes until all liquid is gone.
- In a large bowl, whisk the tamari, garlic, honey, ginger, and sesame oil together. Stir in the sesame seeds. Cut the tofu into triangles and dip into the liquid mixture coating both sides before putting in the oven place onto a baking tray lined with parchment. Cook for 25 minutes, flipping half way through to cook both sides evenly.
- Meanwhile spiralize the carrot to make your carrot noodles. Heat a teaspoon of sesame oil in a pan and saute? the carrot noodles until soft. Add the carrots to a serving bowl and top with the tofu.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.