Scallops are simple to prepare and can be cooked in minutes. This recipes cooks the seafood in the flavorful chorizo oil and serves them with the sausage, olives, and crusty bread or greens.
By Eva Lambooij
Today I have pan seared scallops with chorizo for you. Easy and very quick to prepare, yet packed with flavour and so delicious I’d almost lick the pan. Almost.
- Fresh scallops, 8
- Black olives, 2 tbsp
- Chorizo, 80 gr (2.8 oz), in slices
- Shallot, 1, sliced
- Cook the chorizo in medium heat in a dry pan until browned and getting crispy
- Once there's some oil (coming from the chorizo) in the pan, add the shallot and black olives and turn down the heat
- Cooke on low heat until the shallot has softened
- Take everything out of the pan, but leave some of the oil, that's what we'll use to cook the scallops
- Pat dry the scallops (they need to be real dry, that's why frozen ones won't work)
- Cook them in the chorizo oil on high heat for 1-2 minutes per side, until done*
- Add the rest and reheat for 30 seconds, just to make sure everything is warm
- I like to eat this with a green salad and crusty bread