Scallops are simple to cooked in minutes. Cook the seafood in flavorful chorizo oil and serve them with the sausage, olives, and crusty bread or greens.
- Fresh scallops, 8
- Black olives, 2 tbsp
- Chorizo, 80 gr (2.8 oz), in slices
- Shallot, 1, sliced
- Cook the chorizo in medium heat in a dry pan until browned and getting crispy
- Once there’s some oil (coming from the chorizo) in the pan, add the shallot and black olives and turn down the heat
- Cooke on low heat until the shallot has softened
- Take everything out of the pan, but leave some of the oil, that’s what we’ll use to cook the scallops
- Pat dry the scallops (they need to be real dry, that’s why frozen ones won’t work)
- Cook them in the chorizo oil on high heat for 1-2 minutes per side, until done*
- Add the rest and reheat for 30 seconds, just to make sure everything is warm
- I like to eat this with a green salad and crusty bread
You can see if they’re done by their colour, once the don’t look semi-transparent anymore, they’re done. But be careful, this goes very quick!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Seafood