Jules Clancy cooks, or rather prepares, a lovely quick summer dish.
By Jules Clancy
One of the things I love about Summer is that the pressure to ‘cook’ at dinner time eases off. With balmy evenings, some of the best meals are ones just thrown together. Casual food that varies depending on what you have on hand. Like salmon and beans and salad leaves and fresh lemon – an instant speedy Summer supper.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium can salmon, drained
- 1 can butter beans (400g/14oz), drained
- small handful mixed washed leaves
- Combine lemon juice with 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
- Toss salmon and beans in the dressing. Then add the leaves.
- Taste and season again if needed.
Jules Clancy is a former Food Scientist turned Author and Simplicity Lover. She only writes recipes with 6-ingredients or less. She lives in Australia blogs about 6-Ingredient Dinners over at Stonesoup.