A potato hash-brown cake is topped with a sweet mustard sauce, salmon, and a soft boiled egg for a divine brunch bite.
By Anina Meyer
I just love brunch. Because when it comes to lazy weekdays, I barely only wake up after breakfast time. Therefore, this recipe of Potato Rosti with Smoked Salmon and Boiled Egg is the perfect weekend brunch recipe, by far.
I think you can make the most delicious breakfasts right at home, sometimes it turns out better than actually going out for breakfast – and if you are able to make a good cup of coffee, even better. I’ll rather spend my time in the kitchen IN my pajamas making brunch for my people…
In this recipe the smoked salmon goes exceptionally well with a crispy potato rosti topped with a perfectly good boiled egg. Add a little sweet mustard sauce to the mix and your brunch is sorted.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- water for boiling
- 200 gr (7 ounces) smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- sweet mustard sauce to serve
- cherry tomatoes to garnish
- First off, roughly grate the potato into a large mixing bowl on a kitchen towel. Press hard to drain all the moisture from the potatoes. Transfer it to the mixing bowl, add the melted butter, and mix it through. Season.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a pan and arrange the grated potato into discs, leave to cook until golden brown and crispy – turn it over to do the other side. It takes a few minutes each side to ensure it is cooked. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the eggs to a pot and cover with hot water. Bring to a boil and set the timer to 5 minutes for perfect boiled eggs. After cooking, drain and carefully remove the shell.
- Arrange the potato rosti on a platter topped with salmon, fresh dill and half a boiled egg. Serve with tomatoes and this amazing sweet mustard sauce.
Having a dynamic, free and crazy personality, this shows in my cooking. I love sharing whole food recipes, honest food with easy accessible ingredients and mouthwatering photos. I am a recipe developer, food stylist and food photographer and owner of Aninas-recipes.com, my personal food and recipe portal.