This healthy snack of roasted fresh tender green beans was recently on the dinner table along with a large vegetable Pizza.
By Sanjeeta Kk
- 250 gms fresh tender green beans
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil/sesame oil
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt as desired
- Water to boil beans
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil. Cut the tail ends of the fresh beans and snap them into two.
- Add the beans in boiling water, cover with a tight lid and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the beans and put them in cold water.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large shallow pan, add beans and stir fry for just 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add lemon juice, sprinkle sesame seeds (Til), salt, black pepper powder (Kali mirch) and toss the beans to coat well with all the ingredients.
- Roasting; Pre heat oven to 230°C, line a baking tray with parchment paper or just coat the tray with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl toss all the ingredients together.Arrange the beans evenly on the grease baking tray ad roast for 15-20 minutes. Transfer the roasted beans in a serving bowl, drizzle the lemon juice and serve.
Sanjeeta kk is the author of food blog ‘Lite Bite’ which features vegetarian recipes. Her quest for egg free baking and healthy cooking is extensively shared though all her recipes. She likes to share stories behind the origin of her recipes which are easy and accessible. Homemade, unprocessed and healthy food is what she strives for each day. She defines food as nostalgic, comforting & an important factor to connect with people and make community