Summer is the perfect season for quick, low- or no-heat meals. This slaw is the essence of easy, healthy warm weather cooking.
By Carly DeFilippo
- 1 head of purple cabbage (medium sized)
- 1.5 cups of frozen peas
- 1 cup of shelled, frozen edamame
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp pepper (or to taste)
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Wash and de-core cabbage. Shred in food processor, or finely chop by hand.
- In a large bowl, mix peas, edamame, dried cranberries and golden raisins with cabbage.
- Mix together vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over slaw and mix well.
- Let sit until peas and edamame are properly defrosted (10-15 minutes).
- Top with seeds and serve.