Take comforting spices and flavors and blend them together to make a wholesome pumpkin smoothie bowl topped with crunchy, delicious bits.
Pumpkin spice smoothie bowl. Can you think of a better food marriage? The cozy, comforting pumpkin spice flavor EVERYONE loves this time of year paired with wholesomeness a smoothie bowl.
Pumpkin Smoothie BowlVicky Cohen and Ruth Fox
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- ? cup gluten free oats
- ? cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp dried coconut milk you can also use your favorite protein powder, or shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp all natural almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or to taste
- ½ tsp cinnamon or to taste
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice or to taste
- 1 cup of ice
- Pecans raw pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and chia seeds to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, except ice, in a high power blender. Blend until smooth. Add ice and continue blending until you get a smoothie like consistency
- Pour into a bowl, top with pecans, pumpkin seeds, chia and hemp
We are two sisters born and raised in Barcelona, Spain, with Sephardic and Middle Eastern roots. We grew up eating the best, most flavorful, comforting home-cooked meals prepared by our mom, who taught us everything we know about cooking. When we moved here to the U.S. we felt it was really important to keep our traditions and background alive, and we've done so by sharing it with everyone we've met throughout the years. After all, what better way to make new friends and share our love and culture than through food, right? Our friends have come to enjoy our food and gatherings so much that are always asking us for our recipes. That inspired us to start a cooking blog called "May I have that recipe" where we share recipes we've created inspired by our multicultural background.