A beautiful and fragrant Italian crostata with spelt flour. Homemade plum jam makes the dessert perfectly sweet.
By Veronica Lavenia
This Italian crostata is very tasty and particularly fragrant because of spelt flour, rich in nutrients. The homemade plum jam, made in the summer and then stored in a jar, is the essential touch of this delicious sweet.
- 200 g (7 oz) high-quality cold butter
- 350 g (12 oz) spelt flour
- 50 g (1¾ oz) almond flour
- 100 g (3½ oz-½ cup) light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- For the jam
- 400 g (14 oz) plums
- 100 g (3½ oz-½ cup) dark brown cane sugar
- the juice of one lemon
- Knead all the ingredients together until you get a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough into the tart pan and prick the dough.
- Let stand for about ten minutes in the fridge.
- For the jam: Wash the plums and cut into chunks. Pour into a saucepan with the sugar, lemon juice and let cook until it reaches the desired consistency (usually 30 minutes). Let it cool and blend the jam with an immersion blender.
- Spread the jam over the pastry and bake at 180°/gas 4 for 30 minutes.