A beautiful and fragrant Italian crostata with spelt flour. Homemade plum jam makes the dessert perfectly sweet.
- 200 g (7 oz) high-quality cold butter
- 350 g (12 oz) spelt flour
- 50 g (1¾ oz) almond flour
- 100 g (3½ oz-½ cup) light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- For the jam
- 400 g (14 oz) plums
- 100 g (3½ oz-½ cup) dark brown cane sugar
- the juice of one lemon
- Knead all the ingredients together until you get a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough into the tart pan and prick the dough.
- Let stand for about ten minutes in the fridge.
- For the jam: Wash the plums and cut into chunks. Pour into a saucepan with the sugar, lemon juice and let cook until it reaches the desired consistency (usually 30 minutes). Let it cool and blend the jam with an immersion blender.
- Spread the jam over the pastry and bake at 180°/gas 4 for 30 minutes.
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian