Perfectly, sweet roasted tomatoes are delicious in so many recipes and great to have on had to spruce up a dish or appetizers in a flash.
Roasting Tomatoes at Home has never been easier with this roasted tomatoes recipe. Just 3-Ingredients and you’ll have freshly roasted tomatoes in no time.
I was fed up with the numerous times I tried and could not find roasted tomatoes in my grocery store. I’ve been on the hunt for these tomatoes for at least a year. Every time I want to experiment with roasted tomatoes, I travel back and forth through every aisle possible. Nothing. (If they are there, those babies are extremely good at hiding.)
Well, fine. I’ll make them myself.
The 5 minutes it takes to slice the tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil, and toss on some herbs is way more cost efficient than the $5 jar I was looking for. I call this a win.
Especially as I find myself making excuses to make dishes with these easily roasted tomatoes so that I can keep eating them.
The flavor, oh my word, the flavor! Perfectly roasted to perfection with a sweet and tangy flavor that just bursts as you plop one in your mouth.
Last year I had so many fresh tomatoes from my garden, but I had zero clue what to do with them all. Now I know. There will be roasted tomatoes galore this year.
Add them to pasta with more olive oil and garlic. Add them to bruschetta, on a salad, with a cheese board. The possibilities are endless!
How to Perfectly Roast TomatoesLindsay Garza
- 1-2 pounds of fresh tomatoes cherry, plum, roma tomatoes of your choice
- 4-5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Larch Pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice tomatoes in half. (You can scoop the seeds out if desired. Sometimes I do with the larger tomato varieties)
- Lay tomatoes on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary, thyme, and salt.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400 degree. Continue to roast for about 20-25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, leave tomatoes inside oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Let them fully cool, or add them to your favorite pasta dish.
Lindsay Garza is the personality behind the gluten-free website VeggieBalance.com, and author of Gluten-Free Party Food cookbook. On her site you will find simple, all-natural, gluten-free recipes that everyone will enjoy.