Feeling under the weather? A little whiskey, ginger, honey, and lemon should do the trick.
This is not the traditional Penicillin drink. We like to add a splash of ginger beer, because we can’t get enough of the stuff!
Did you notice that no fancy cocktail shaker is needed? While we love a beautiful bartending setup, we think all people should know that a quality drink can be made in any container with a lid. Cheers!
- 1 inch of ginger
- 1 part lemon juice
- 2 parts Scotch Whiskey
- 1 part ginger-honey syrup
- Ginger beer
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup honey
- 3 inches of ginger, sliced
- Heat water, honey, and ginger to a boil and allow to cool.
- Muddle ginger and add lemon juice, whiskey, and syrup.
- Shake with ice.
- Strain in a glass with fresh ice.
- Top with a splash or two of ginger beer.
- Garnish with lemon, if desired.