Feeling under the weather? A little whiskey, ginger, honey, and lemon should do the trick.
This is not the traditional Penicillin drink. We like to add a splash of ginger beer, because we can’t get enough of the stuff!
Did you notice that no fancy cocktail shaker is needed? While we love a beautiful bartending setup, we think all people should know that a quality drink can be made in any container with a lid. Cheers!
The Penicillin Cocktail
- 1 inch of ginger
- 1 part lemon juice
- 2 parts Scotch Whiskey
- 1 part ginger-honey syrup
- Ginger beer
Ginger Honey Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 inches of ginger sliced
- Heat water, honey, and ginger to a boil and allow to cool.
- Muddle ginger and add lemon juice, whiskey, and syrup.
- Shake with ice.
- Strain in a glass with fresh ice.
- Top with a splash or two of ginger beer.
- Garnish with lemon, if desired.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.