There’s no meat and no bun in this “burger” but it’s a great way to satisfying a craving if you’re a vegetarian craving the meaty, cheesy treat.
By Jerri Green
Naked Mushroom Swiss "Burger"
There's no meat and no bun in this "burger" but it's a great way to satisfying a craving if you're a vegetarian craving the meaty, cheesy treat.
Author: Jerri Green
Recipe Type: Main
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- 1 large portabella mushroom cap
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices of swiss cheese
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme (optional)
- Place one tablespoon of the oil in a skillet and heat over a medium flame. Add in garlic and onion.
- Place the mushroom in the pan and drizzle with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let onions caramelize and mushroom soften, about five minutes.
- Top the mushroom with cheese slices. Scoop onions onto of cheese and let it melt slightly.
- Remove from skillet and garnish with fresh thyme.