Candied cherries let you make fruit-filled muffins for breakfast all year round.
By Jehanne Ali
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- ½ cup ground almond
- ½ cup glaced cherries
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup castor sugar
- ⅓ cup yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- Few almond flakes for topping
- In a bowl, combine the flour, ground almond, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in the cherries until they are well coated with the flour.
- In separate bowl, whisk the egg with oil and sugar until combined.
- Add in the yogurt.
- Tip in the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cases. Top with almond flakes
- Bake at 170 C for 18 to 20 minutes.
Jehanne is an enthusiastic baker, food blogger, mother and wife all in one. She swaps her scalpel from her day job as a doctor to kitchen utensils in the evening and creates magical treatment of healthy treats for her family, which she shares in her blog, The Cooking Doctor. She is a firm advocate of healthy eating and always believes that honest and healthy food will steer you clear from the doctors.