Sponsored Post: We’ve partnered with Pacific Rim to bring you vivid and elegant pairings and tips with food-friendly Riesling wines.
Relax with a hearty, warm pan of mushroom sage lasagna that can be prepped ahead and baked just before dinner. Pair the creamy dish with a cool, dry Riesling to refresh the palate. Now that’s a perfect weeknight dinner!
It’s pretty hard to resist lasagna, am I right? It’s hearty, cozy, comforting, and really makes dinner feel special. I decided to dress up this lasagna just a little bit by using meaty mushrooms, warm sage and creamy cheese sauce that takes this to a whole new level. Say hello to this Mushroom Sage Lasagna and try not to lick your screen.
One of the things I love about lasagna is that it can be assembled ahead of time, and baked off right before dinner.
I’m so excited to be partnering with Pacific Rim Riesling because this lasagna is SO perfectly paired with their Dry Riesling. All of their wines are sustainably produced in the Pacific Northwest and the crisp, dry flavor is a great match for the creamy lasagna. They also have many other amazing selections that would go very well with an entire dinner party because the Rieslings range from very dry to sweet.
If I were hosting my own dinner party I would start the evening with something simple and salty. Maybe some nuts with prosciutto? This would go nicely with their J Riesling which still has a dry flavor. After the main course I’d offer dessert with their Sweet Riesling to round out the night.
If you want to impress your guests, give this recipe a try. Assemble it ahead of time, have a glass of wine and relax while dinner makes itself and you enjoy your party!
Mushroom Sage Lasagna and Dry RieslingLaney Schwartz
- 1 pound oven ready lasagna noodles
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or any milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small saucepan add the milk and bring to a simmer.
- In a separate large saucepan heat 6 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the flour, whisking constantly until the flour is mixed in. Pour the warm milk into the butter/flour mixture and whisk until smooth. Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Taste and add more salt if needed. Stir in 1 tablespoon of chopped sage and set aside.
- Add two tablespoons of butter and the oil to a large saucepan. Add the mushrooms, remaining sage and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish and begin to layer the ingredients starting with a light layer of the sauce on the bottom of the dish. Add a layer of noodles, a little more sauce, then mushrooms, a little mozzarella and parmesan. Repeat layers, finishing with the cheese on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until cheese is melted and the top is slightly browned.
- Pair With Pacific Rim's Dry Riesling.
Laney spends her time being a home cook, mom, wife, workout junkie, and ultra crazy food lover.