This lasagna recipe is loaded with spinach to become chicken florentine lasagna. It’s soft, cheesy and delicious.
Who doesn’t like lasagna? Raise your hand! No, I’m serious, who doesn’t like lasagna? I mean honestly, what is not to like? All that gooey cheese and tender pasta is a marriage made in heaven!
I have to say though, I only make it maybe once or twice per year because it’s not exactly health food.
This recipe is super easy and fast to prepare. You just have to cook the pasta and sauté the chicken with a ton of garlic. I just used diced, crushed or stewed tomatoes for the sauce. It gave it lighter flavor than using tomato sauce.
I hope you like this recipe for Chicken Lasagna Recipe with Spinach, if you love this, you will love this other Italian inspired dish, Chicken Florentine Pizza
- 1 lb lasagna noodles, or buy no boil.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large, 28oz cans stewed, diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp each, basil, parsley, oregano or use Italian seasoning
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ box frozen spinach can use canned or fresh, sautéed in same pan as chicken
- ½ lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 c mushrooms, sautéed, if desired
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Turn oven on to 350°F.
- Add olive oil to sauté pan over medium high heat. Add chicken tenders, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until browned on first side. Add garlic after you have flipped the first side.
- Remove chicken from pan when both sides are brown and allow to cool. Once cooled, chop into bite sized pieces.
- Add canned tomatoes to the pan, after removing the chicken. And add mushrooms, if using, spices, along with salt and pepper to season.
- Mix ricotta with egg, oregano, salt and pepper. Place about 1 cup of tomato sauce on bottom of deep 9"x13" pan or lasagna pan. top with a single layer of pasta.
- Top pasta with ½ of the ricotta and spread it over the pasta.
- Top with another layer of pasta and then spread a generous layer of the tomatoes, sprinkle on the chicken and spinach and mozzarella. Finally top with a generous layer of parmesan cheese.
- Top that layer with more pasta and repeat the last 3 steps.
- There should be the perfect amount of everything to do 2 layers of each the ricotta and the sauce layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 1- 1½ hours until hot and bubbly.