Try these very cute, and utterly delicious green pea cookies from Ann Low.
By Ann Low
- 260g Green pea powder
- 160g Icing sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 340g Self-raising flour
- 200 ml Vegetable oil (I used peanut oil)
- 1 egg yolk + ½ tsp water for glazing
- Sift flour with the salt and sift in the icing sugar. Add in the pea powder and mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Add oil sparingly and slowly mix till the dough does not stick to the hands.
- Let dough rest for 15 minutes, covered.
- Roll dough into small balls (about 10-12g each) and arrange them on a parchment lined baking tray. Apply egg glaze.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C (360F) for 15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on tray for about 10 minutes before removing them onto a wire rack to cool completely before storing into an airtight container.
Ann Low is the author of Anncoo Journal, and loves to bake and cook for both family and friends. She acquired a strong passion for culinary skills from a very young age by watching her grandmother prepare delicious meals for the family. Ann believes that baking is an art and she wants to share her baking and cooking experiences with everyone in the world.