Whip up these pistachio and hazelnut biscotti, make yourself a cappuccino and start dunking.
When I was in Rome, my morning ritual for the week long holiday, was to run downstairs to this little cafe, grab a cappuccino and wait, breath-bated, to see how many biscotti I would get. The most I ever got was three. Three biscotti definitely constitutes a delicious breakfast. I’d dunk them in my cappuccino, until they softened just a little and crunch my way through the nutty goodness.
Now that I’m back, there is no more morning cafe with pistachio and hazelnut biscotti. But I’m not crestfallen, because I’ve just made them myself and now I can serve myself! 4 biscotti… MMMMMmmmm.
- 100 g plain flour
- 75 g golden caster sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg beaten
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 25 g Grana Padano grated
- 25 g shelled pistachio nuts
- 50 g whole unblanched hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6 and place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar & baking powder.
- In the centre of the mixture, make a small dip and break the egg into here.
- Mix the egg into the mixture with the vanilla, cheese, rosemary and nuts.
- Mix thoroughly with your hands until it forms a soft, plyable dough.
- Using your hands, shape into a loaf like oval
- Place on the baking tray for 25 minutes until it goes a golden colour
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use a bread knife, to cut it diagonally into thin 1 cm pieces.
- Place back onto the baking tray (with the cut side facing upwards) and return to the oven for another 5 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Cool, then serve.
At HelloFresh, we want to give people the simple knowledge they need to cook delicious, healthy meals. Whether you want know how to boil an egg or cook an elaborate dinner menu, you know who to call!