Tamara Novacoviç with her Croatian take on the classic Southern dish. A simple, but delicious way of making eggs a lot more fun.
Text And Photo By Tamara Novacoviç
Easter is here and there will be plenty of hard boiled eggs. Every year I use them to make deviled eggs. Deviled eggs are a delicious cold appetizer and I’m sure you’re familiar with them. You basically cannot go wrong with the recipe. Different ingredients are used as the filling, sometimes mustard sauce, sometimes mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish sauce and I once made them with ricotta cheese (lighter version, also delicious). Add a bit of chives and/or parsley leaves to it and you’ve got yourself a great appetizer.
Here I’m giving you one version of the so popular and devilishly good eggs!
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt, pepper to taste
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and take out cooked yolks.
- Mash yolks, using fork, with sour cream and horseradish sauce. Add chives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using your piping bag with star tip, pipe the yolk mixture back into the egg white halves. You can garnish it with some more parsley or powdered paprika.