A simple baked eggplant dish that’s gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian; perfect for a healthy spin on eggplant parm.
By Amie Valpone
Dairy-Free Eggplant Parm
A simple baked eggplant dish that's gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian; perfect for a healthy spin on eggplant parm.
Author: Amie Valpone
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 large Roma tomato, diced
- ¼ cup fresh mixed greens
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice eggplant in half. Then, slice each half into ¼ inch slices.
- Place eggplant in prepared baking dish in a single layer.
- Spritz eggplant slices with olive oil; sprinkle with sea salt. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes atop eggplant along with mixed greens, dill, ground almonds, nutritional yeast and Dijon.
- Transfer to the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- Serve with more strained tomatoes , if desired.