If you love to devour something when watching a movie or the game of your favorite team, popcorn is not the only option you have. Open a bottle of cold beer and enjoy these healthy, spicy chickpeas.
By Zerrin Gunaydin
These oven-roasted chickpeas are amazingly crisp especially when they are warm. You will be amazed when you see how easy it is to make these crispy roasted chickpeas. I boil the chickpeas myself, but you can buy canned chickpeas and maket he process even quicker. I love to snack on savory foods, so I made these spicy, but you can definitely create a sweet version using sugar, cinnamon, ginger or something you have in your mind that goes well with sugar. You can keep these in an airtight container up to one week.
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 and ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 and ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven at 200C (400F)
- Using a kitchen towel or paper towel, pat dry the chickpeas until they are completely dry.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and put the chickpeas on it.
- Roast them in oven for 15 minutes.
- Take them from the oven, but don’t leave the oven open.
- Drizzle olive oil on the chickpeas and mix them around with your hands so that they are all evenly coated.
- Sprinkle salt, chili and cumin and repeat the same step. Make sure they are all evenly coated with these spices.
- Place back in the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
- They are the best when they are still warm, but you can serve them cold too.