If you love to devour something when watching a movie or the game of your favorite team, popcorn is not the only option you have. Open a bottle of cold beer and enjoy these healthy, spicy chickpeas.
By Zerrin Gunaydin
These oven-roasted chickpeas are amazingly crisp especially when they are warm. You will be amazed when you see how easy it is to make these crispy roasted chickpeas. I boil the chickpeas myself, but you can buy canned chickpeas and maket he process even quicker. I love to snack on savory foods, so I made these spicy, but you can definitely create a sweet version using sugar, cinnamon, ginger or something you have in your mind that goes well with sugar. You can keep these in an airtight container up to one week.
Crispy Spiced Chickpeas
- Author: Zerrin Gunaydin
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 and ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 and ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven at 200C (400F)
- Using a kitchen towel or paper towel, pat dry the chickpeas until they are completely dry.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and put the chickpeas on it.
- Roast them in oven for 15 minutes.
- Take them from the oven, but don’t leave the oven open.
- Drizzle olive oil on the chickpeas and mix them around with your hands so that they are all evenly coated.
- Sprinkle salt, chili and cumin and repeat the same step. Make sure they are all evenly coated with these spices.
- Place back in the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
- They are the best when they are still warm, but you can serve them cold too.
Zerrin Gunaydin is a food blogger living in Turkey. She loves to share recipes mainly from Turkish cuisine on her blog Give Recipe. Zerrin is trying to inform people around the world about Turkish cuisine, which has a very large repertoire with its various kind of dishes.
Thanks for sharing this recipe. I do have a question though. What is boiled chickpeas? Is that boiling dry chickpeas for how long?