This basic bundt cake can be remade however you please – be creative!
By Amber Massey
Chunky Monkey Bundt Cake
This basic bundt cake can be remade however you please - be creative!
Author: Amber Massey, adapted from Healthy Cooking Magazine
Recipe Type: Baking
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in the bananas, chips and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.