Chocolate liqueur can be consumed straight, as an after dinner drink or be used in desserts, cakes and truffles.
By Zita Nagy
Is it possible to make homemade chocolate liqueur? Yes indeed! And it only takes 15 minutes. Chocolate liqueur can be consumed straight, as an after dinner drink rather than as aperitif. It can be used in mixed drinks and in desserts, especially in dessert sauces, cakes and truffles.
I love making edible gifts for birthdays. I put myself into the effort so the gift has my heart and my love. Success is always guaranteed. This liqueur is perfect for anyone for any occasion.
- 100 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa content)
- 150 g powder sugar
- 200 ml cream
- 250 ml rum
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 bottle
- In a pan mix together cream, powder sugar and cocoa powder. Start heating over low heat.
- Slowly add the dark chocolate. Stirring continuosly melt the chocolate. Remove pan from the heat and let it cool until lukewarm.
- Mix rum with this melted chocolate sauce, stirring until smooth.
- With the help of a strainer pour the liqueur into the bottle and store it in a cold place. If it gets a bit too thick, dilute it with a splash of rum.