Baked eggs may seem like a fancy breakfast but they are really very easy to make and they require very little time to prepare.
By Sawsan Abu Farha
Baked eggs may seem like a fancy breakfast but they are really very easy to make and they require very little time to prepare. Add the fact that they are a great way to individualize breakfast with minimum effort. Everyone can choose the additions they would like on their eggs,herbs, cheese, cold cuts and vegetables. The possibilities are endless and it is so easy to please everyone.
- 3 servings (one adult and two children)
- 4 Eggs (see notes)
- 2 slices smoked turkey ( or your favorite cold cut meat )cut into strips
- cheddar cheese cut into cubes
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- ½ teaspoon herbs (herbs de Provence)
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Butter or oil for the ramekins
- Heat your oven to 200 C (390F), position the rack on the middle position
- Butter or oil individual ramekins or one large oven safe serving dish.
- Crack one egg per child or two per adult
- Add the cubed cheddar and the slices cold cut meat
- Whisk the milk with the herbs, parmesan cheese, herbs, salt , paprika and pepper.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of the milk herb mix on each ramekins
- Bake the eggs for 15-20 minutes depending on the desired degree of doneness you like the eggs. Stay towards the lower end of the baking time if you like the eggs to be runny
Passionate food explorer Sawsan Abu Farha lives in Jordan and enjoys mixing east and west in her kitchen aiming to get the best of both worlds.Juggling work, motherhood, blogging and a passion for food and food photography, she shares her journey in her blog "Chef in disguise".