Chocolate and coffee cheesecake is baked on top of a chocolate crust, cooled, and then coated in a rich layer of ganache. Elegant and delicious.
By Ann Low
This chocolate and coffee cheesecake pairs perfectly with a touch of cinnamon spice. The cake is light and delicious with a spread of chocolate ganache coating the top. Enjoy it alongside a cup of hot coffee.
Chocolate-Coffee Cheesecake with Ganache
Chocolate and coffee cheesecake is baked on top of a chocolate crust, cool, and then coated in a rich layer of ganache. Elegant and delicious.
- Author: Ann Low
- Category: Dessert, Chocolate
- 100g (3.5 ounces) chocolate biscuits
- 60g (2.1 ounces) melted butter
- 250g (8.8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 25g (0.88 ounces) caster sugar
- 1/4tsp cinnamon powder
- 100ml (3.38 fluid ounces) dairy whipping cream
- 2tsp instant coffee powder
- 55g (2 ounces) dark chocolate, break into pieces
- 3 large eggs (70g each), separated
- 25g (0.88 ounces) sugar
- 125g (4.4 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate, chop to pieces
- 15g (0.5 ounces) butter
- 60g (2.11 ounces) dairy whipping cream + 2 tsp instant coffee powder
- Grease the sides of a 8 inch cake pan and line the bottom of the cake pan, set aside.
- Crush biscuits with a rolling pin in a zip lock bag until they are like crumbs, then add the butter and mix well. Pressing the biscuit crumbs with your hand at the bottom of the lined cake pan. Put the tin in the fridge to set.
- Boil whipping cream and instant coffee powder under low heat and pour over chocolate pieces and stir mixture to smooth.
- Preheat oven to 160 deg C. (320F)
- Lightly boil 100ml whipping cream with instant coffee powder and add in milk chocolate. stir till smooth, set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, cinnamon powder and sugar together at medium speed, gradually pour in the whipping cream mixture into and beat to light and smooth.
- On low speed, add in egg yolks one at a time. Beating well after each addition until just combined.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg white till foamy. Add sugar in batches and whisk to peak form.
- Fold egg white into cream cheese mixture in 3 batches with a rubber spatula and pour into the prepared cake pan. Bake in water bath for about 50 minutes. It should feel set, but not rigidly so.
- Leave cake to cool in pan. Then remove the cake from pan. Boil chocolate cream and spread on top of cheesecake. Chill the cheesecake for several hours before serving.
Ann Low is the author of Anncoo Journal, and loves to bake and cook for both family and friends. She acquired a strong passion for culinary skills from a very young age by watching her grandmother prepare delicious meals for the family. Ann believes that baking is an art and she wants to share her baking and cooking experiences with everyone in the world.
How did you get the ripple texture in the fanache?