Craving something sweet? Refuel with this breakfast or snack chocolate chip cookie dough smoothie bowl that is sure to satisfy.
We’re always game to try new protein bars, but it’s rare that once we’ve tried it, we’re still as excited about it as when we started. But for us, OWYN bars did not disappoint! OWYN is 100% plant-based and stands for ‘Only What You Need’. Each and every bar flavor is dairy free, gluten free, non-GMO and totally delicious. Our favorite flavors out of the five they make? Hands down the chocolate chip cookie dough bar, dark chocolate sea salt bar, and the ginger and turmeric bar.
No matter which flavor you choose, each of the the vegan bars contains pumpkin seed, pea protein, and chia to really pack the fiber and 10 to 11 grams of protein. While you can of course eat these bars on their own, we love to get creative with our food. Check out our recipe below to see how to use the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar on your next smoothie bow. It tastes like dessert, but will give you great energy! Another great way to use the bar is to crumble and layer it with vanilla yogurt for a delicious parfait.
Disclosure: We received free samples of OWYN products in order to create this recipe. All opinions are our own.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl
- Yield: 1 bowl 1x
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets (or sub with 1 additional frozen banana)
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 dates
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- banana (sliced)
- cacao nibs
- OWYN Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar
- Blend all ingredeints together until smooth. Add more or less milk to adjust consistency to your liking.
- Pour into a bowl and top or stir in cocoa nibs, to mimic chocolate chips.
- Top with a sliced banana and crumbled OWYN bar.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. We strive to create an inspiring place for culinary exploration, salivating recipes, interesting personalities and stories.