This recipe is probably very similar to what you’ve been making already but with a few twists (good twists) here and there.
By Pallavi Gupta
I threw in some fresh cherries because that’s what I had in my fridge and also because I like the cherry chocolate combo, but feel free to add any fruit of your choice as long as its not very watery. Raisins would taste wonderful in these cookies as well.
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped fresh cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or by spraying it with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl mix all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder together. Keep aside.
- Whisk the sugar and butter together till it turns pale and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and continue to whisk.
- Add melted chocolate and cocoa and whisk till everything in combined well.
- Mix the flour and almond meal to form a smooth batter.
- Add cherries and mix.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, form dough balls and place on the baking sheet, a few inches apart and bake for 11 to 13 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
Pallavi is a vegetarian globetrotter, who currently lives in the southern part of India. Past ten years of her life includes living in six cities in three different countries. It has added to her vast exposure of cuisines from different parts of the world which is now reflected in her cooking. She shares her knowledge of vegetarian and vegan recipe from around the world via her blog Veggie Zest. When not cooking or photographing, she does graphic design.