Sponsored Post: Whether you are hosting a wine party or looking for the perfect pairing for your dinner party menu, we’ve teamed up with Sonoma-Cutrer to provide wine inspiration for your next gathering.
What could be a better appetizer than salty, crunchy cheesy Parmesan twists? Pair them with a bottle of Chardonnay and the party is off to a great start.
The weather has finally cooled off here in Fort Worth, and the holidays are almost here! I know many of you will be entertaining this holiday season, so I wanted to share one of my favorite make-ahead party appetizers/wine pairings: cheesy Parmesan twists.
The recipe for these twists was originally inspired by a trip we took to Sonoma, where many of the wineries pair bread sticks with their wines. The cheesy, salty sticks really do go perfectly with Chardonnay, so I wanted to recreate those flavors at home!
The recipe for these bread twists is easy to make: we’re simply brushing puff pastry dough with an egg wash and sprinkling with Parmesan, then baking.
Since the twists are served at room temperature, my suggestion is to make them ahead of time so that they’re ready to go when your guests arrive. Over the years, I’ve learned it’s so much better to have your food prepped and cooked before company shows up; that way, you’re not stuck in the kitchen after the party has started!
We’re pairing our bread twists with two different Sonoma-Cutrer wines that I’d highly recommend: the Cutrer Chardonnay and the Les Pierres Chardonnay.
The Cutrer is a bright, vibrant vintage that’s creamy, rich and has a flavorful finish. The Les Pierres Chardonnay is bright and lively, with citrus aromas of lemon and flavors of grapefruit and lime. You can read more about each of these at www.sonomacutrer.com and order a bottle of your own! Wine can be ordered easily and delivered directly to you from the Sonoma-Cutrer website.
Cheesy Parmesan Twists
What could be better a better easy appetizer than salty, crunchy cheesy Parmesan twists? Pair them with a bottle of Chardonnay and the party is off to a great start.
- Author: Sarah Mason
- Yield: 12 twists 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (defrosted)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Can be prepared ahead of time. Serve at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water to create an egg wash.
- Cut the puff pastry into strips, about 1/2-inch wide. Brush each twist with egg wash. (You can do both sides, but I just did one side to keep it simple). Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese.
- Twist each puff pastry strip, holding both ends, in opposite directions to create spirals. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the twists are golden. Let cool to room temperature before serving.