PARTNER POST – Get inspired with creatively crafted Castello Blue Cheese as we celebrate a Summer of Blue with #BluesdayTuesday.
A breakfast burger is loaded with a slice of delicious blue cheese, layered with hash browns, bacon and an egg. It’s everything you love about breakfast, packed on your burger.
By Gina Kleinworth
Have I mentioned before that I’m a “meat & potatoes” kind of girl? I will rarely turn down a good burger. One of my ALL TIME favorite ways to eat a burger is with blue cheese. In fact – it’s also my favorite topping for steak. Can’t get enough!
I absolutely LOVE blue cheese & yet it’s so hard to try to melt the crumbles on my burger. So I was SUPER EXCITED to see that Castello now offers a Burger Blue blue cheese. It’s made just for people like me that really love a good blue cheese. At first I thought I might share with you one of my favorite ways to enjoy my blue cheese burger – you know, with some beer battered onion rings & bbq sauce. But then I had an even better idea & I’m swooning.
I’m practically giddy to share this Blue Cheese Breakfast Burger with you! It’s been all I could do to not let the cat out of the bag because it was INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS. The last time I was back home in So Cal we visited this place a couple times for dinner. Each time my brother chose this burger with a over easy egg on it. It was gooey & messy & all things that make for a great burger. So I decided to take that up a few more notches & add all my other favorite breakfast foods on there too.
Check out Castello’s website for more information on their cheeses.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- Worcester sauce, salt, pepper, season salt, granulated garlic to taste
- Castello Burger Blue Cheese slices
- 1 egg (per burger)
- 2-3 pieces of bacon (per burger)
- 1 hash brown (per burger)
- Your choice of burger buns
- Preheat your grill
- Prepare your patties while your grill is heating by forming into patty shape (do not season yet)
- Place raw patties on baking sheet & brush with olive oil
- Once grill is ready - place patties on the grill to seer - flipping once to seer both sides
- Once seared, lower temperature, add desired seasonings & Worcester sauce & allow to cook for about 15-20 minutes flipping only one more time. (grass fed beef will cook a little faster than grain fed beef) Don't press down on them - or you will press all the juices out. You want to just let them cook without being disturbed, slow & steady.
- When you are getting close to your time insert a meat thermometer - if it reaches above 160 degrees (if not continue cooking a little longer) - add your cheese & allow to melt slightly before removing patties from the grill.
- **Have someone inside preparing the other ingredients (cooking the bacon, eggs & hash browns)
- Lay out on a foil lined baking sheet & cook in a 400 degree oven for approx 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of your bacon & how you like it cooked
- Cooked sunny side up, crack into a small skillet & cook over low until all the whites of the egg have firmed (about 5 minutes)- keeping in mind that the egg will continue to cook after you have removed it from the heat - do not flip
- Preheat a couple tablespoons of peanut oil in large skillet
- Once the oil is hot- drop in your hash browns - cooking several minutes on each side until cooked through
- Remove & place on a wire rack to drain & crisp
- Once all your ingredients are prepared it's time to assemble this amazing burger
- Place several slices of blue cheese on your bottom burger bun (it will melt from the heat of your other ingredients)
- Add your hash brown, then your burger patty
- Top with bacon & finally your egg