Dare we say these snickers cups taste better than the candy? Plus, the caramel in this dessert is made of an innovative sweet date paste.
By Katie Oberwager
I am SO excited to bring this Snickers Cup recipe to you. I don’t think I can call this one “healthy” because of the copious amounts of chocolate, but it is definitely a “cleaner” dessert than a real Snickers candy bar. Did you know you can make “clean” caramel from just dates? It’s seriously addicting. These Snickers Cups taste even better than the real deal, are made with just three ingredients, and take less than 10 minutes to assemble! I shared these with some friends and they were all as obsessed as I was when I tried my first bite. I know you’ll be too!
- 1 cup chopped medjool dates (about 12 dates)
- 2-4 tablespoons water or almond milk (if dates are dry)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup salted and roasted peanuts
- Add dates to a food processor and process until it forms a smooth paste. Add water or almond milk if your dates are dry. You can also soak the dates in water for 30 minutes prior to processing and discard the water. Set date paste aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in 20 second intervals in the microwave, stirring occasionally, until completely melted.
- Scoop one spoonful of chocolate into 6 muffin liners and spread along the bottom of the liner.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of date past to the middle of each muffin liner.
- Top with a few peanuts.
- Evenly scoop the rest of the chocolate on top of the peanut and date paste and spread to the edges. Tap the muffin tin against the counter to smooth and evenly distribute the chocolate.
- Place in the fridge to cool completely.