These cozy oats are loaded with vanilla, chia, nuts, spices and peanut butter, but it’s the caramelized bananas that will make this bowl of oatmeal a new favorite.
I’m going to shoot it straight today because this is the most incredible oatmeal I’ve ever had, and I want to share it. Here is what we’re dealing with:
- Rolled oats and chia seeds: So much great fiber and a boost of omegas to help you start your day off right.
- Vanilla extract and maple syrup: Is there a better combination than vanilla and maple?!
- Peanut butter: For that amazingly nutty PB flavor, plus some protein to sustain you for a few hours.
- Milk: For that creaminess (P.S. my fave is vanilla soy or almond).
- Walnuts and almonds: For crunch, nuttiness and a bit more nutrition.
- Caramelized bananas: Bananas with a crispy, sweet exterior with just a hint of buttery goodness.
The bananas are EVERYTHING.
It’s perfectly sweet, nutty, crunchy, creamy and the bananas are just incredible. It could almost be dessert but has minimal added sugar (not like the oatmeal we had as kids). So if you like something on the sweeter side for breakfast, whip up a wholesome batch of peanut butter maple vanilla oatmeal with buttery caramelized bananas and crunchy almonds and walnuts.
You’ll barely realize your oatmeal is a great source of fiber, protein AND omega 3s because it tastes SO good.
I'm Julie - The Gourmet RD - A recipe developer, food photographer, food writer/blogger, chef and registered dietitian. I make healthy food sexy and craveable! Simple, wholesome, delicious recipes from my kitchen to yours.