- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 3 ½–4 cups water
- ½ Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup milk of choice + more for serving
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup + more for serving
- ½ cup chopped walnuts and/or sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 3 yellow bananas (peeled and sliced)
- Pour oats, chia seeds and water into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until oats are soft. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, peanut butter, milk and maple syrup until combined.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and brown sugar at medium-high heat. Add sliced bananas and cook 1-2 minutes per side, until browned, flipping once.
- Scoop oatmeal into bowls and top with milk and maple syrup, as desired, and walnuts/almonds and caramelized bananas.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast