Perfect over pasta, this easy avocado and spinach pesto is so creamy and loaded with nutrients.
Avocado pesto pasta! I love the idea of alternative pesto, and while I’ve posted almond basil pesto and creamy pesto and beet pesto on here before, it’s been awhile so I figured it was time for something new. I adore all things avocado, so it was an obvious choice! Since this veg is already creamy and full of healthy fats, this particular pesto has the benefit of not needing a lot of added oil. It’s so fast to make and it has the bonus of being vegan! So if you’re craving some pesto, get on it. This version will become your new favorite!
Be sure to check out my other pestos in the links above.
Avocado PestoValentina Celant
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed chili flakes
- pasta to serve
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, avocado, lemon juice, spinach, and spices.
- Pulse until a thick cream forms, then drizzle in the olive oil, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and save some of the pasta water when done.
- Mix in the pesto, adding the reserved pasta water if the mixture is too thick. Serve immediately!
Hi! My name is Valentina and I am The Baking Fairy! I'm a 20-something university student studying for PA school and moonlighting as a food blogger. I cook, I bake, I craft, I nanny, and I blog about it all! My style of cooking is college-budget gourmet... with an occasional wedding cake. The way to my heart is paved in glitter and chocolate.