These peanut butter and chocolate cups are a delightful two-bite sweet that all your eaters can enjoy, as there is no gluten, dairy, or refined sugar.
These Peanut Butter Cups are amazeballs! They are delicious, easy to make and are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free! These babies are one of the recipes that you find in my e-cookbook BecomingSweet – Say Yes to Dessert Again.
Easy Peanut Butter CupsVanessa Vickery
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup raw/organic honey would also work
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
Peanut Butter Filling
- 3/4 cup organic crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw/organic honey pure maple syrup for vegan option
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
o make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the maple syrup (or honey), whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through.
- To make the peanut butter filling, place all filling ingredients in a small saucepan on medium heat; mix until well combined. Remove from the heat and place in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes. Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners (patty pans)
- To make the peanut butter cups, place 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture into each mini muffin liner and swirl around to coat the sides. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set. Once the chocolate has set, spoon the peanut butter filling into each one and smooth with the back of a spoon. Then cover with more of the chocolate mixture and place in the freezer for 2 hours to set.
- I recommend storing these in the freezer. Allow to thaw slightly before eating.
Ness is a qualified nutritionist, a life & wellness coach in-training, and a mother of two extremely energetic toddlers. She has created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible and attractive products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness.