A simple chicken recipe you won’t be able to get enough of. Marinate the bird overnight or in the morning and enjoy a sweet and spicy sriracha soy chicken dinner that night.
Honey Soy Sriracha Spatchcock Chicken is a type of roasted chicken where the whole chicken is butterflied, backbones removed then marinated in a sauce made with garlic, soy sauce, Sriracha and honey. So what is the difference if I roast it without preparing it like such? Well there are many benefits in preparing it like this, first it cooks faster as the thickness is lesser, it absorbs more flavours as you can easily marinate the chicken from the inside, the skin is crispier as the surface area is larger and it’s on one side plus it will be juicer since the time to cook is reduced making it moist and less prone to drying out.
Before I used to roast chicken as a whole but after making this I will not go back, matching this with a perfect blend of marinade it’s a chicken that surely better than finger licking good. Match this dish with something creamy to have a perfect combination, salad like coleslaw or anything dressed with ranch plus mashed potatoes are the best with this.
- 1 whole chicken spatchcocked
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl mix all marinade ingredients together until well combined.
- Rub marinade all over the chicken and place in a zip lock bag, excess marinade into the bag. Let it marinate for 6 hours.
- Roast skin side up at 180C for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of your chicken.
- Remove chicken from the oven, increase the oven heat to 200C then rub honey all over your chicken, place it back into the oven and roast chicken for 10 more minutes.