Sponsored: Never eat dry, boring meatballs again. Check out this fun recipe for Mediterranean meatballs.
Author: John Randolph
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 lb. Ground turkey/beef/pork (or any combination of the three)
- 1 med. Onion (any variety), chopped
- 5 cloves chopped Garlic
- 1 tblsp chopped Capers
- 8 oz chopped Roasted bell peppers
- 8 oz chopped Mushrooms
- 1 cup Panko
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3-tbsp Dijon Originale mustard
- 1 tsp large grain salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp ev olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Quinoa or fresh pasta of your choice
- Cornichons for serving
- In heavy cast iron skillet, sauté in 1 tbsp EV olive oil: chopped med. Onion (any variety), cloves chopped Garlic , 1 tbsp chopped Capers, 8 oz chopped Roasted bell peppers, 8oz chopped Mushrooms
- Let mixture cool 5-10 mins.
- In a bowl, mix: 1lb. ground meat: (1 lb. Ground turkey or 1 lb. Ground beef), Sautéed ingredients, 1 cup Panko, 1 Egg, 1 tsp Cumin, 1 tsp Oregano, 1 tsp Herbes de Provence, 1 tsp Paprika, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp large grain salt, 1 tsp pepper
- Form 1”-1.5” diam. meatballs of mixture.
- Brown the meatballs in same heavy skillet.
- Remove browned meatballs from heavy skillet and place in bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of Dijon Originale mustard to warm meatballs making sure all meatballs a covered w/ Dijon mustard.
- In your heavy skillet add 1 tbsp ev olive oil
- Add Dijon Mustard covered meatballs.
- Brown again for approx. 5 mins.
- Deglaze w/ ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar and ¼ cup chicken stock
- Let simmer until alcohol cooks off (if you use the white wine, 4 mins. approx.)
- Spoon meatballs over rice, quinoa, egg noodles or pasta of your choice
- Add a few Cornichons