Sponsored: Never eat dry, boring meatballs again. Check out this fun recipe for Mediterranean meatballs.
Mediterranean MeatballsJohn Randolph
- 1 lb. Ground turkey/beef/pork or any combination of the three
- 1 med. Onion any variety, chopped
- 5 cloves chopped Garlic
- 1 tblsp chopped Capers
- 8 oz chopped Roasted bell peppers
- 8 oz chopped Mushrooms
- 1 cup Panko
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3- tbsp Dijon Originale mustard
- 1 tsp large grain salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp ev olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Quinoa or fresh pasta of your choice
- Cornichons for serving
- In heavy cast iron skillet, sauté in 1 tbsp EV olive oil: chopped med. Onion (any variety), cloves chopped Garlic , 1 tbsp chopped Capers, 8 oz chopped Roasted bell peppers, 8oz chopped Mushrooms
- Let mixture cool 5-10 mins.
- In a bowl, mix: 1lb. ground meat: (1 lb. Ground turkey or 1 lb. Ground beef), Sautéed ingredients, 1 cup Panko, 1 Egg, 1 tsp Cumin, 1 tsp Oregano, 1 tsp Herbes de Provence, 1 tsp Paprika, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp large grain salt, 1 tsp pepper
- Form 1”-1.5” diam. meatballs of mixture.
- Brown the meatballs in same heavy skillet.
- Remove browned meatballs from heavy skillet and place in bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of Dijon Originale mustard to warm meatballs making sure all meatballs a covered w/ Dijon mustard.
- In your heavy skillet add 1 tbsp ev olive oil
- Add Dijon Mustard covered meatballs.
- Brown again for approx. 5 mins.
- Deglaze w/ ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar and ¼ cup chicken stock
- Let simmer until alcohol cooks off (if you use the white wine, 4 mins. approx.)
- Spoon meatballs over rice, quinoa, egg noodles or pasta of your choice
- Add a few Cornichons
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.