You need just two ingredients to make these nutty, not-too-sweet candies that are popular during Eid, the Muslim holiday celebrated at the end of Ramadan.
By Zerrin Gunaydin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- Line a small tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare another piece of parchment paper in the same size.
- Heat sugar in a non stick skillet over low heat until it melts and caramelizes stirring occasionally for about 45 min.
- Take it from stove and add in sesame seeds. Mix quickly with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture on the parchment paper and cover it with the other piece of parchment paper.
- Flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
- Let it cool and remove parchment paper.
- Break it roughly with hands and serve.