Just three ingredients results in a light and feathery cake that serves as a subtle canvas for sweet fruit or just powdered sugar.
By Ann Low
- 3 Eggs (65g each)
- ½ cup (110g) Caster sugar (used 85g)
- ¾ cup (110g) Corn flour, sifted twice
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease with butter or cooking spray, 20cm/8 inch round cake pan; line base with baking paper.
- Beat eggs with 2 tsp vanilla extract at medium high speed for about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved between additons at medium speed.
- Sieve in the corn flour little by little for the third time and fold well in with a rubber spatula.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly; bake for about 20 minutes or skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Turn sponge onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with a little sifted icing sugar and top with some fresh blueberries or any berries you like. Can also spread some jam to go with it.