These chips would go perfectly with hummus, salsa, a hearty soup, stew or simply on their own.
By Carolyng Gomes
- 2 9 inch whole wheat tortillas
- 1 serrano pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine serrano, salt and olive oil in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the mixture as needed.
- Brush each tortilla with half of the serrano mixture.
- Using a pizza cutter or large knife, cut tortilla into 8 slices.
- On a lightly sprayed baking sheet, place tortilla slices brushed side down.
- Brush top of tortilla slices with remaining mixture.
- Bake tortilla slices for 10-15 minutes, until they are crispy and the edges curl up.
Carolyng loves to eat, loves to cook and loves to eat more. To her a recipe is more a list of suggestions, saving time doesn’t mean sacrificing on flavor and when in doubt, a splash or two (well, a nice pour) of wine never hurts. Welcome to her Cocina Latina, where South American and Latin fusion dishes are always on the menu.