The lavender adds a breath of freshness that takes this lemonade to the next level.
By Sawsan Abu Farha
This turned out AMAZING! The cherries added flavor, sweetness and a beautiful color. The lavender added a breath of freshness and took the lemonade to the next level.
- 2 cup water
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup cherries
- 4 lavender sprigs (or 1½ teaspoons dried lavender buds)
- In a pot add the water, sugar, and cherries.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- When it starts to boil reduce heat to a low simmer and add the lavender.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Strain pressing the cherries to get all of their juices. Do not discard the cherries
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator
- 1 cup cherry lavender syrup
- juice of 4-5 lemons (the amount of lemon juice is up to your taste, you can start with 3 and taste and decide if you want to add more)
- 3 cups water
- Place all the ingredients in a jug and stir till combined.